"Content marketing is the act of creating or curating content, then publishing it and promoting it to attract, engage, and retain an audience of customers and potential customers."
Here are five content marketing ideas based on all the important events that took place this month (July 2019) that you could write about.
1. Celebrating NASA
On July 29, 1958, US Congress created the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to sponsor and coordinate the nation’s space exploration efforts.
For your company's July 2019 content marketing, you could take one of several options to write about NASA.
- Focus on the organisation's history by telling stories about NASA.
- Feature modern products that are based on technology NASA helped to develop, such as temper foam for pillows and mattresses or scratch-resistant lenses for sunglasses.
- Describe how space exploration could change your industry.
2. Independence Day
Independence Day is celebrated annually in the US on July 4 and is often known as "the Fourth of July". It is the anniversary of the publication of the declaration of independence from Great Britain in 1776.
This day is widely recognised in the states, if you are in e-commerce, you could:
- Create DIY content of how to decorate your home for the occasion
- Publish recipes of food to cook to fit the theme whilst selling themed products within your content.
If you aren't in e-commerce, content ideas for you could be:
- The festive fireworks displays and where the best places to be to attend free firework displays are.
3. Tour de France
The 2019 Tour de France will be the 106th edition of the cycling race. It's a really big event every year, content ideas for this event could be:
- All the best moments from the Tour de France
- A write up on all the main racers and their story competing in the race
- About the route
- Previous winners and their prizes
More exciting topics on which you can cover for your content marketing strategy in July 2019:
- Princess Diana's birthday
- Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan were last heard from over the Pacific Ocean while attempting to make the first equatorial round-the-world flight.
- The movie, Back to the Future was released, featuring the now famous 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 time machine/automobile.
- Isaac Newton published Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy.
- Spam, the luncheon meat, was introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation.
- Sliced bread was sold for the first time by the Chillicothe Baking Company of Chillicothe, Missouri.
- Elvis Presley made his radio debut when WHBQ Memphis played his recording for Sun Records, That's All Right.
- About the July birthstone, Ruby.
Don't be afraid to go beyond match up what your content site offers with an important date in July!
Join the Loopascoop team and become apart of the social media scheduling family! Sign up for your free trial today and get all your content out onto all your social media platforms for the times and dates you set, save time and schedule ahead of time in order to spend time doing more of the things you love.